More than 30 million Indian men and women suffer from infertility. But there is a lack of open discussion about the reason behind this huge infertility burden. This creates a lack of awareness among general populations who have this condition.
Infertility is a condition that can be defined as conceiving difficulty even after regular unprotected sexual intercourse in a period of one year. In India, 40 – 50 % of recorded infertility cases occur because of female reproductive problems, 20% because of sperm (male gamete) abnormality and remaining infertility issues are unexplained.
Multiple risk factors can cause infertility. But age is one of the biggest factors that interfere with fertility. It has been found that after 35 years of age female reproductive health starts declining, whereas after 50 years of age male fertility drops.
Smoking negatively influences the fertility level of the addicted person. Researchers have found that females who smoke during their gestational period have a greater risk of miscarriage. Similarly drinking alcohol also harms the health of mother and child and causes early infertility in males.
Obesity and a sedentary lifestyle have also been linked with female infertility and also causes of an abnormal sperm count in males. Additionally, being underweight or having anorexia adversely impacts female fertility. Apart from these generalized factors, some gender-specific male and female factors influence infertility issues. Following are some reasons for male infertility:
- Varicocele: This is the most common reversible male infertility issue that occurs due to inflammation of the veins that drain the testicle.
- Infection: Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) or any other infections that cause male reproductive organ inflammation or inhibit sperm production or impact sperm quality or blockage the sperm release.
- Ejaculation issues: Reversing of ejaculation occurs at the time of the orgasm. In this condition, semen enters the bladder instead of emerging out of the penis.
- Antibodies: Immune system disorder releases anti-sperm antibodies that incorrectly identify sperm as damaging invaders and attempt to destroy the released sperms.
- Tumors: Cancers and non-cancerous growths can negatively influence the male reproductive organs through organs that release reproductive hormones like the pituitary gland, or through unclear reasons. Moreover, medical procedures, radiation, or chemotherapy to treat growths, can similarly impact male fertility.
- Hormonal imbalance: Infertility can occur because of hormonal abnormality because of hypothalamus, pituitary, thyroid, and adrenal glands inactivity. Low testosterone and other hormonal issues are the underlying causes of male infertility.
- Sexual issues: Problems like keeping an erection, early discharge, excruciating intercourse; physical anomalies, psychological issues, or relationship issues that meddle with sex can prompt infertility.
- Medication: Testosterone substitution treatment, prolong use of anabolic steroids, cancer treatment, malignant growth meds, certain antifungal prescriptions, some ulcer drugs among different meds can impede sperm production and decline male infertility.
Among ladies, the absolute most normal components for barrenness are:
- Polycystic ovary disorder (PCOS): PCOS causes a hormonal imbalance that influences ovulation, and is the most widely recognized reason for female infertility.
- Hypothalamic disorder: Certain reproductive hormones release from the pituitary gland stimulate ovulation every month. Disturbance of the production of these hormones can cause ovulation disruption and that leads to female infertility.
- Premature ovarian failure: This issue is normally brought about by an immune system reaction or by early egg loss from the ovary. The ovary doesn’t produce eggs, reduces estrogen production in females who are younger than 40 years of age, and is a reason for infertility.
- Excessive prolactin: The overactivity of the pituitary gland releases prolactin hormone and which opposes estrogen production and causes infertility.
- Damage to fallopian tubes (tubal infertility): Damaged or obstructed fallopian tubes hold sperm back and prevent fertilization of eggs into the uterus and which causes female infertility.
- Endometriosis: Endometriosis influences the coating of the uterus and disturbs implantation of the fertilized egg. The condition additionally influences fertility in less-direct manners, like harm to the sperm or egg.
- Uterine or cervical causes: Benign polyps or growths that are normal in the uterus can obstruct fallopian tubes or meddle with implantation, influencing fertility.
- Uterine anomalies present from birth can cause likewise cause issues becoming or on the other hand staying pregnant. Cervical stenosis, which is a narrowing of the cervix, can be brought about by an acquired deformity or harm to the cervix is additionally a reason for female infertility.
Today, increasingly more Indian ladies in the Metro Cities are deferring their pregnancy inferable from their vocation and serious positions. While not all ladies might experience the ill effects of richness issues with developing age, late patterns and investigations have a distinctive story to tell. Today ladies are in danger of barrenness attributable to their way of life decisions.
Significantly, ladies comprehend their ovarian save before they take the choice of deferring pregnancy. This lone assists them with taking a superior choice and keep away from superfluous pressure when they intend to consider it. Ovarian save is the pool of eggs present in the ovaries at some random time. The low ovarian hold is when there is a physiological decline in the number of eggs, bringing about a deficient number to guarantee a sensible possibility of pregnancy.
The Anti-Mullerian Hormone Test or all the more prevalently known as the Ovarian Reserve Test gives a reasonable sign of a ladies’ fruitfulness. Having said that, the AMH test is a multi-reason test, and an expanded level may likewise recommend conditions like Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Anyway, the AMH test is a significant test identified with barrenness.
Couples who wish to imagine and can’t visit a ripeness subject matter expert and surprisingly an instructor whenever prompted, It is critical to comprehend the current status through appropriate findings and accept further treatment according to the specialist’s recommendation.