Surrogacy was just a bookish word until 1994 when the first child was delivered. During that period it was illegal in India but in the year 2002 the Supreme Court passed a rule saying commercial surrogacy is legal. Today India is one of the leading international destinations of surrogacy. India has beautiful places of visit and this drags a lot of foreign visitors here. They come and enjoy the natural beauty but have you ever thought why do they opt for surrogacy in India? There are several reasons and some of them are:
- The expenditure of having a surrogacy in India is much lower when compared to the other western countries.
- There are many surrogacy clinics in India and they not just do all the required tests to make sure that the child is safe but they also help in finding a right person who can carry. Thus hiring the person saves a lot of time and hassle and this also a reason why foreigners select India for surrogacy.
- India is one the leading country in successful surrogacy. There are clinics in all the big and small cities so that the patients can get proper care when needed without travelling far.
- In most of the western countries mostly people speak in their local language which makes it tough to interact. Foreigners select India also because most of the physicians and experts working in the clinic can speak English which is a common language.
- Women in India are still not as advanced as in the western countries. Most of the Indian women still avoid intake of drugs and other bad habits like smoking and alcohol consumption. Due to this reason they are capable of giving birth to healthy child which is very important in surrogacy.
- Every country has their own law and in some of the countries surrogacy is illegal or even considered as crime. Since the procedure of donating womb is legal in India, foreigners know they will not have to face any kind of legal obligations when taking the child to their own country.
- India is connected by many international one stop flight services and foreigners do not have to do break journey to reach the destination thus they select the country for having a baby through surrogacy.
If a foreign couple seeks for surrogacy in India then they have to bear all the expenses during the period. They even have to appoint a legal guardian who will be taking care of the patient till the child is delivered and handed over to them.